Fuhrmann NZ Market Report
Published October 11, 2018 by Helen Cameron
Finer wools cheaper, coarser wools firm
- CommentSouth Island only selling today offering 10,800 bales. The selection consisted 45% crossbred and hogget fleece, 33.0 to 39.0 micron, 20% mid micron fleece, 22.0 to 28.0 micron and 10% merino fleece 16.0 to 22.0 micron. The balance was associated oddments and crossbred second shear. China and Europe main with support from Australasian carpet mills.
- Fleece18.5 micron & finer 4.5% cheaper.
19.5 to 25.5 micron 2.5% cheaper.
26.0 to 31.0 micron generally 2% cheaper.
32.0 to 38.0 micron fleece sellers favour.
- Second Shears75/100mm and shorter all descriptions firm.
- Short OddmentsAll descriptions firm.
- Passings16% Passed In.
- Next AuctionNorth Island only selling 18 October with 6,500 bales on offer.
Variation %: 4.5
Variation %: 2.5
Variation %: 2.0
Second Shears Summary
Variation %: Fully firm