Fuhrmann NZ Market Report
Published October 4, 2018 by Helen Cameron
- CommentNorth Island only selling today offering 8,600 bales. The selection consisted of mainly 3/5″ hogget fleece, 33.0 to 36.0 micron, 75/100mm and longer. There was also a reasonable selection of second shear 33.0 to 38.0 micron 75mm and shorter along with associated oddments. China main with support from the Indian Subcontinent and Australasian carpet mills/ Europe and the United Kingdom.
- Fleece32.0 to 34.0 micron hogget 7% cheaper.
35.0 to 36.0 micron 4.5% cheaper.
37.0 micron and coarser buyers favour.
Poorer style fleece 3.5% cheaper.
- Second ShearsGood colour 75/100mm and shorter firm.
Average colour 3% cheaper.
- Short OddmentsAll descriptions buyers favour.
- Passings17% Passed In.
- Next AuctionSouth Island only selling 11 October with 10,800 bales on offer.
Variation %: 7
Variation %: 4.5
Variation %: 3.5
Second Shears Summary
Variation %: 3