Fuhrmann NZ Market Report
Published September 27, 2018 by Helen Cameron
Market generally easier
- CommentSouth Island only selling today with 12,200 bales on offer. There was a wide variety of wool on offer, including 5% merino fleece 15.0-21.0 micron, 20% mid micron fleece and the balance crossbred fleece, 32.0 to 38.0 micron. China/Europe main with support from the Indian Subcontinent and Australasian carpet mills.
- Fleece22.0 micron and finer erratic with better styles unchanged.
23.0 to 25.0 micron fleece 3% cheaper.
26.0 to 27.0 micron fleece 8% cheaper.
28.0 to 31.0 micron fleece 5% cheaper
32.0 to 38.0 micron fleece buyers favour.
- Second Shears75/100mm and shorter 2.5% cheaper.
- Combing OddmentsAll descriptions 5% cheaper.
- Short OddmentsAll descriptions firm.
- Passings25% Passed In.
- Next AuctionNorth Island only selling 4 October with 7,800 bales on offer.
Variation %: 3 to 8
Second Shears Summary
Variation %: 2.5
Variation %: 5
Variation %: Firm