Fuhrmann NZ Market Report
Published April 11, 2019 by Helen Cameron
Market generally tending dearer
- CommentNorth Island the only selling centre today with 10,200 bales on offer. The selection consisted of 40 percent early shorn/crossbred second shear, average colour, 37.0 to 40 micron, length 3 inch plus/minus, 20 percent lambs average/good colour, 29.0 to 31.5 micron, mainly 3 inch, 20 percent poorer style fleece, 36.0 to 39.0 micron 75/100mm plus and 15 percent associated oddments with 5 percent miscellaneous types. China main with support from the United Kingdom, Subcontinent and Australasian carpet mills.
- Fleece35.0 to 39.0 micron in a limited selection very firm.
- Second ShearsGood colour 3% dearer.
Poorer colour 2% dearer.
- LambsFirst lambs sellers favour.
- OddmentsAll descriptions generally firm.
- Passings13% Passed In.
- Next AuctionSouth Island only offering 10,900 bales on WEDNESDAY 17th April.
Variation %: Very Firm
Second Shears Summary
Variation %: 3
Variation %: 2
Variation %: Sellers favour
Variation %: Generally firm