Fuhrmann NZ Market Report
Published April 4, 2019 by Helen Cameron
- CommentSouth Island only selling today with 13,000 bales on offer. The selection consisted of 35 percent average style fleece, 25 percent lambs good colour, 29.0 to 31.5 micron, mainly 3 inch, 20 percent good colour second shear 75/125mm and shorter and 15 percent associated oddments with 5 percent miscellaneous types. China main with support from the United Kingdom, Europe, Subcontinent and Australasian carpet mills.
- Fleece32.0 to 34.0 micron 6.5% dearer.
35.0 to 39.0 micron firm.
- Second ShearsAll descriptions generally unchanged.
- LambsFirst lambs 3% dearer.
- OddmentsAll descriptions mixed but generally firm.
- Passings15% Passed In.
- Next AuctionNorth Island only offering 10,000 bales on 11th April.
Variation %: 6.5
Variation %: Firm
Second Shears Summary
Variation %: Unchanged
Variation %: 3
Variation %: Generally firm