Fuhrmann NZ Market Report
Published January 17, 2019 by Helen Cameron
Market tending dearer.
- CommentNorth Island only selling today offering 10,600 bales. The selection consisted of mainly crossbred fleece and shears 35.0 to 38.0 micron, with some good colour fleece but mostly poorer style/colour. Shears generally good colour. Also available were new season’s lambs 28.0 to 30.0 micron, good colour. Oddments all descriptions generally poorer colour. China main with support from the United Kingdom, the Sub Continent and Australasian carpet mills.
- FleeceBest colour/style fleeces 3% dearer.
Good colour 2% dearer.
Poorer style fleece & shears very firm.
- Second ShearsPoorer style shears very firm.
- Lambs28.0 to 30.0 micron 1% dearer.
- OddmentsLambs oddments 4% dearer.
All other descriptions 1% dearer.
- Passings6% Passed In.
- Next AuctionNorth & South Island selling 23rd January with approximately 19,000 bales on offer.
Variation %: 3
Variation %: 2
Variation %: Very Firm
Second Shears Summary
Variation %: Very firm
Variation %: 1
Variation %: Firm