Fuhrmann NZ Market Report
Published January 10, 2019 by Helen Cameron
Market tending dearer.
- CommentNorth & South Island selling today offering 10,100 ex North and 5,600 bales ex South. The selection consisted of mainly crossbred fleece and shears 34.0 to 38.0 micron, with some good colour but mostly poorer style/colour. There was a small offering of new seasons lambs 28.0 to 30.0 micron, good colour. Oddments all descriptions but generally poorer colour available. China main with support from the United Kingdom, the Sub Continent and Australasian carpet mills.
- FleeceBest colour/style fleeces 2.5% dearer.
Good colour firm.
Poorer style fleece 2% dearer.
- Second ShearsAll descriptions very firm.
- LambsWashing Lambs
28.0 to 30.0 micron very firm.
- OddmentsAll descriptions up to 3% dearer.
- PassingsCombined Islands 5% Passed In.
- Next AuctionNorth Island only selling 17th January with approximately 9,500 bales on offer.
Variation %: 2.5
Variation %: Firm
Variation %: 2
Second Shears Summary
Variation %: Very firm
Variation %: Very Firm
Variation %: 3